Director of Communications & Development
Lutheran Theological Seminary Saskatoon
Lutheran Theological Seminary Saskatoon is a non-profit, graduate-level, post-secondary training centre and ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada (ELCIC). LTS nurtures and challenges all people for Christ-centred leadership and witness for God’s mission in the world. In this position, you will be responsible for the communication and fundraising of this seminary community whose constituency is located throughout the Western Canadian provinces.
This appointment is at Director rank. At LTS, a Director has advanced level capacities to assess and understand context and information, advises the president responsibly, and leads in the relevant portfolio. The successful applicant will serve as a spokesperson for the seminary. Therefore, they will demonstrate an understanding of the graduate post-secondary context and of the ELCIC.
The Director of Communications and Development works under the direction of the President, and in collaboration with the Finance Manager. The successful candidate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Working with the President to set communications strategy and ensure the effective use of social media
● Working with the President to set development strategy
● Representing LTS at ELCIC gatherings to maintain positive relationships
● Maintaining and fostering relationships with donors, alumni/ae, congregations and other stakeholders
Education and Experience
● University degree in Communication, Marketing, English, Theology, or related field
● 3 years relevant experience working in development and communications with non-profit organizations or in an educational setting
Skills and Qualities
● Excellent people skills
● Excellent oral and written communication skills including copy-editing
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Ability to thrive in an ELCIC context
● Skilled in working both independently and collaboratively
● Ability to write content and maintain social media appropriate to a graduate school associated with the ELCIC
● Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office in a Windows environment
● Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
● Proficiency in photography is an asset
Compensation and Benefits
● This is a permanent, full-time position
● Dependent on education and experience, the salary range for this position is $64,000 - $69,000
● A competitive benefits package including health plan and pension
● Please email a cover letter and resume to The Rev. Rita Harrison, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Applications will be reviewed starting June 22, 2020 and until the position is filled.
● The successful candidate will be expected to submit a current criminal record check and transcripts for post-secondary education.
● We thank all applicants. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.